If you want to get top dollar for your property it is a must that you stage it. Here are some essential tips to stage your property:
1. Depersonalize- Take down all of your personal photos, accessories, knick knacks so that the buyers can see themselves living in your home.
2. Declutter- Nothining is more than a turn off than clutter. So keep it neat. That means closets and cabinets also.
3. Muted tones and Neutrals-Paint over walls that may have bold colors. Opt for neutrals. Buyers may not be able to look past your creative attributes. Fresh coats of paint is a plus.
4. Style-Make sure the style of your home relates to the character of your home.
5. Odd areas-Define those odd areas in your home with 1 it 2 pieces of furniture and walk art.
6. Floor Plans- Set up furniture that creates functional conversation flows.
7. Luxurious linens- Do put on nice bed linens and drapes.
8. Patch up holes in walls and repair floors.
9. Kitchens and Bathrooms-Upgrade to stainless steal appliances in your kitchen. Makes your kitchen look updated. Small changes like replacing faucets and staining your cabinets helps renew the look of your kitchens and bathrooms.
10. Lighting- Each room should be well lit with updated lighting fixtures.
11. Rooms- Every room should serve a purpose so make sure the room looks like what it is suppose to resemble.
12. Wall decor- Use a variety of wall art when decorating.
13. Accessorizing- Use groups of 3 or more when using accessories.
14. Fragrance- Nothing is more pleasing than a nice smelling home. Stick to one consistent smell throughout your home.
15. Organize your closets and cabinets.
If the home your selling is empty you can either rent furniture or use my virtual staging services. Find out more about virtual staging by viewing my past post.
Best of luck with selling your property!