It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.............
The smell of the holidays are in the air. I love driving down the street listening to the holiday songs on the radio, seeing all of the holiday decorations and lights. This year decorate with purpose!
There are some key points you should consider when decorating your home with purpose.
1. Color Scheme
This is one of the most important things when decorating. You can use many different colors all together but make sure they compliment each other.
There are tons of themes to choose from. Pick one and follow that theme throughout your home. (Ex.North Pole, Rustic, Retro Chic, Ice Palace)
3. Keep It Green
Being environmentally savvy is extremely important throughout the year. Those hefty electric bills can put a damper on Holiday activities and bring about unnecessary stress.
- Use solar or battery operated lights
- Put those holiday candles to use.
- incorporate plants in your design
- recycle old and make them new again.
4. Incorporate reminders of Love and Happiness with your pillows, wall decals, mistletoe and ornaments.
5. Be creative by making something uniquely designed for you and your family.
Source: Martha Stewart
6. Over indulge with your table scape. Be brilliantly Bold!!!!!